With an upcoming family trip I’ve been thinking about what new visitors need to know before heading to Walt Disney World. As a Disney travel planner, one of the most frequently asked questions I get is about Disney’s Magical Express. What is it? Does it cost extra? How does it work? Well, we answer all of those questions in this week’s podcast. Be sure to listen for details on how this complimentary service for Disney resort guests works. Below are the essential facts and a step-by-step guide for the process.
Know Before You Go Essential Facts:
- Complimentary bus transportation for Disney Resort guests (does not include the Swan, Dolphin, or Shades of Green)
- Buses run to Disney Resorts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Magical Express does NOT run to Disney Parks
- Magical Express only services the Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Check in is located in the ground transportation area on Side B, Level 1
- Magic Bands or travel vouchers are needed upon arrival at Magical Express check-in
- Luggage tags will be mailed 2-3 weeks in advance of your trip
- Luggage pickup and delivery is available from 5:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Luggage will arrive at your resort room separately, and may take 3-5 hours
- On your day of departure, Magical Express will pick you up at the resort 3 hours prior to your flight departure time, 4 hours prior for international travel
- Reservations can be made by calling (866) 599-0951
- Disney’s Magical Express began running in 2005
- Book your Walt Disney World Resort and your flight to Orlando’s International Airport.
- Reserve your Magical Express spot by going online, or by calling (866) 599-0951
- Place your yellow luggage tags on the bags you want Disney to collect and deliver to your room (remember, delivery can take 3 hours or more so keep immediate needs in a carry-on bag)
- Upon arrival at MCO proceed to Side B Level 1
- Walk down to the Magical Express Desk and scan your Magic Band
- Load up on your designated resort bus
- Enjoy the drive and have fun!